Monday, January 6, 2014

Girls Regency underthings.

The dress I was making Elaina is NOT going to fit. I decided against taking it apart and figure I will sell it and just make her a different one, but either way she needs the appropriate underthings. I took a pattern I already had and some lovely cotton I scored at Goodwill for $2 and made her chemise. I adjusted the pattern to make it more appropriate and then used some lace to embellish it/use as casing. The lace is definitely not period but I didn't want to waste expensive trim on a child chemise. Maybe when she gets bigger. I also made drawers for modesty sake. Though she doesn't need one since she is only 8 she really wanted a corset. Since it really only covers the bust area, and I figured it would help the chemise to lay flat under certain garments, I said OK. Here is a photo of it waiting for all the handwork. It has same lace as chemise and boning at center front and one piece on seam of center back. I used scraps of the weed-trimmer string.

No comments:

Post a Comment