Saturday, September 26, 2015

It's that time again...

Yes, it is that time again; when I actually FINALLY get off my fanny and post to the blog, and plan out what may--or may not--get done for Halloween. After several custom costume transactions that turned out to be more of a pain then they were worth, I am taking a serious step back from it and concentrating on actually sewing some things for myself and my family. I have an event coming up a Bustle Era event coming up on October 11th, and then Halloween looming in front of me, so I need to get moving on the costumes for both. So I need to complete the following outfits:

1:Bustle Dress--including petticoat, chemise (I get to cheat on corset and Bustle because the lovely Mara gave me those), drawers (still not sure on these), Hat and ruticle. Hey no need to panic I still have 13 days??

2:Assasin Costume--My daughter saw a cool cape pattern from Simplicity and wants that for her costume. What the rest of the thing will entail we have yet to decide.

3:Link Costume--Can't remember which one my son said but I know it did not involve chainmail. Going to try and use more historic shapes and fabrics so he can use this for other things as well.

4:Anime Costume--Don't know which one this is. Making it for my son's friend.

5:Husband's Halloween Costume--this could end up being either Hagrid or the Jolly Green Giant.

6:Simplicity 1777--Almost forgot about this one! I am supposed to be doing a sew along for this dress with Melissa. Need to get going....

No comments:

Post a Comment