Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Venetian Courtesan

 As usual, I have been MIA. I have been working, but not on anything for myself so I have not updated here. I have a HUGE LIST of things I need to sew for events, so I need to get busy and stopped messing around. Hopefully blogging will keep me on track? Hasn't worked in the past but I am determined to give it a try.

One of the things I have been wanting to make, for years, is a Venetian Courtesan. I had put it on the back burner because I had never decided how I wanted to go about it and was not motivated enough to figure it all out. Then I got my hands on this GORGEOUS fabric! 100% Silk Taffeta in the strangest gold, green, purple-shot colors you have seen. It changes constantly, and in person has a strange bronze quality to it. When I saw this a light went off in my head as to what I wanted to make. I don't want to say until it is finished, but this gown will do double duty as not only renaissance fare, but as a twist on a popular cosplay design. It makes me very excited.


I only have 6.5 yards of this which really isn't enough to do what I am going to do. Thankfully I am very short (5') so that saves me some, but I am going to have to be very careful with the design I pick. I will have to put some other fabrics with it but as of yet have not decided on what. I am ordering the fabric for the camica Friday while I think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment