Friday, September 21, 2012

Elizabethan Corset--Cross-post from Livejournal

Quite a while ago I had relocated my lost corset pieces and had planned to put them together but when I finally went to do so I found they were WAAAAYYYY to short! I had used a commercial pattern and didn't mess with the sizing/fitting before cutting (I know, dumb) as I am very short so I never dreamed that the waistline would be off by almost 4 inches! Irritated, this one was tossed in the to-sew-or-figure-out-what-to-do-with-it-someday box and I went in search of other fabric but found nothing I liked as much as what I had planned on using originally. I was going to just resign myself to the standard cream corset when I found this really interesting fabric at Jo Ann's. It is an upholstery weight duck cloth with this really cool print that sort of reminds me of a stained-glass window, in these sort of fleshy pink and brown tones. I know it is not accurate but I wanted something kind of fun and that I could use to wear as an outergarment whenever I felt like it. I am prepared for the fact I will get some grief from people over the pink color but I am in love with it anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment