Friday, September 21, 2012

Sewing List

So I MUST get off my fanny and actually start on my historical costume wardrobe. I have NOTHING--not even a stocking--anymore and have to get started. I have several events I have missed because I never have the proper garments to wear so I have to decline. Since these events cover a wide range of eras it really is a task I have before me, but am relishing it :)

It has been a very long time since I have sewn anything, for fun or otherwise, and I am very glad to be getting down to it. I love the surfing for ideas and inspiration, finding the right fabrics. All of that stuff. This is a very long list, and pieces will not get done all at once of course (and I am certain I will ad more to them) but I wanted an idea to get started and begin my supply search.

SCA Appropriate Attire - Elizabethan.
    Corset (I actually have this cut out from April!!)
    Chemise (yep this too)
    Petticoat
    Stockings
    Shoes
    Hat
    Gloves
    Dress/Bodice/skirt
    Cape??

Something for the Hobbit--no idea what yet.

Georgian - This will probably be my Curtain-along project.
     Corset
     Chemise
     Panniers
     Petticoat
     Dress/Jacket/skirt
     Hat
     Cape/Coat??

Regency
     Corset or boned petticoat
     Chemise
     Dress
     Spencer
     Bonnet
     Purse
     Shoes
    
Victorian Civil War Era -Not my favorite but there is an event I should think about going to. I will have to see on this one.

Victorian Bustle Era - I have alot of events for this one, including some Steampunk happenings and some readings for my book which require a very daring ensemble. This is by far the most extensive list.
     Corset
     Chemise
     Corset Cover
     Drawers
     Stockings
     Breeches
     Blouse
     Leather Corset
     Boots
     Ballgown
     Daydress
     Walking Costume
     Hats
     Gloves

Wow thats one heck of a list! And this is just me. My husband will need some things for events as well as some of the children and then of course there is Halloween. Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment